Wednesday 3 September 2008

Busy London Design Festival Bees

This weekend (Sept. 7) is probably the last time my contemporary jewellery work will be making an appearance at The Backyard Markets for the time being (well indefinitely). I probably won't even be there this weekend, but hopefully my pieces will be, care of one of the other girls.
Stay tuned to find out if you'll still be seeing Joyce Wan and Bow Wasinondh at the art markets.

I'm just too busy with other projects at the moment, to make the art markets worth my while. This has been in the works for a while now but I just haven't been very good at updating news on the blog promptly. Apologies for not keeping the Aussies back home, in the loop, but I have been extremely busy with the madness that is the lead up to the London Design Festival 08.

Here's what I've been busy with:
- I have been undertaking an exciting internship at Established & Sons, who relocated to a new studio about a month ago. The brand spanking new 6000 sq foot studio + exhibition space/showroom will be officially launched during London Design Festival with a new exhibition/installation.
- I'm also working for renowned gallerist/curator, Libby Sellers (former Design Museum curator, now of Gallery Libby Sellers) for her "guerilla" gallery's exhibition 'Beau Sauvage' at Liberty, as part of London Design Festival and Frieze Art Fair.
- Last but not least... I have been accepted to participate, along with three other colleagues/friends in the famed Designersblock exhibition as part of London Design Festival.

More details soon.

No comments: